Tuesday, May 15, 2007

take time

aahhh.....what a long absence after getting myself busy busy busy with so many things that somehow requires time and attention, and then I came upon this inspirational words that seems to fit into what I am currently experiencing.

it says...................

take time to think,
it is the source of power

take time to play,
it is the secret of perpetual power

take time to read,
it is the foundation of wisdom

take time to pray,
it is the greatest power on earth

take time to love and be loved,
it is a God given privilege

take time to be friendly,
it is the road to happiness

take time to laugh,
it is the music of the soul

take time to give,
it is too short a day to be selfish.

Gosh, time is so precious and it is only the thing that everyone in this world, whether great or just normal people on the street are given the same amount of "time" each day.

"Days are like suitcases. By careful arrangement, some people can pack more into them than other people can."

"Don't thou love life? Then waste not time; for time is the stuff that life is made of."

Finally I would say as a prayer.....

"As a stone gathers moss in the woods by a rill,

So we fashion our lives for good or for ill,

By a thought, a word, a deed, or a smile,

As I live my life, Lord, make it worthwhile."

2 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Wonderful words of wisdom HMYU. In this day and age we're so caught up rushing here and there to meet deadlines and then wonder why our health or mental state suffers.
Love the little poem at the end.

HMYU said...

Hi Janice,
By grace of God, my health is still intact but my life is full of deadlines with the kind of work I am in. That's why always my prayer is to live a life worthwhile. Sigh, now is Sunday night, tomorrow back to the world of performance & achievements.